Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

McMurry Ready To Start The Season

After watching everybody else in the country start their seasons last week, the McMurry War Hawks finally get their shot to play a game. The War Hawks and head coach Lance Hinson are in the final year of their transition back into NCAA Division III, and that means they can compete for a conference championship for the first time since 2011. They are ready to get the year going.

Coach Hinson said, "It's always exciting, you have an idea of what your team is like, what they're going to be like, how they're going to play and things like that, but it's going to be nice to finally get out there and see how things go. Plus I know the players are tired of hitting each other, the coaching staff is sick of competing against each other and calling plays like 'what would be good against our offense or our defense.'"

Jacob Ferguson said, "I can't wait. It's kind of taken a toll on my body, I've been taking an ice bath every day and I'm just ready to finally release it on a different team."

McMurry is headed south to take on Southwestern on Saturday in a game that starts at 7 PM. HSU beat the Pirates last week in their season opener.

More...
Working...