Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Putting it All Together

Week 2 of high school football is in the books and the Wylie Bulldogs still don't have a win under their belt.

On Friday they struggled with turning the ball over.

The guys had 6 turnovers in the game but only lost 37-23. Head coach Hugh Sandifer wasn't happy with the turnovers, but he feels like they're improving as a team.

After a sluggish first week he thinks they played faster and started to loosen up toward the end of the game, but Sandifer says that needs to happen for 4 quarters.

"I mean the first play of the game minus nine. The second play of the game we fumble, so not a great start, but I think we're starting to understand the importance of starting out a little bit better," Sandifer said. "Monterey kicked a field goal and went up 3-0. We answer with a touchdown, so we're starting to loosen up play better, but I thought the fourth quarter. We're down, it's easy to quit, and our kids fought back and brought it to a one-touchdown game with a chance to get a tie, but our kids don't quit and they fought hard. Hopefully we're going to start putting that together for four quarters."

The Bulldogs will keep working to put it all together for 4 quarters this week as they have another big challenge against 5-A opponent Denison at home on Friday night.

More...
Working...