Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

AHS Conversation: Time To Bounce Back

David Robinett talks to Abilene High head coach Del Van Cox about his teams Week 1 loss to San Angelo Central.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Cox, I know that's not how you wanted to start the season, but how do you get the guys to bounce back and not dwell on a loss like that?"

AHS head coach Del Van Cox said, "You're definitely right. You don't wan to start a season like that, but it exposes a lot of things that you need to work on and kind of refocuses your attention. If their not motivated to prove themselves that they're a better team, then I've got a lot of concerns. They're ready to get back out their on the field Friday night to prove that last Friday night's game was not the team that they are."

Robinett said, "What do you take away from that game once you've looked at the tape that you said, 'Well that was a good thing'?"

Coach Cox said, "Re-enforcement of talking about the fundamentals, tackling, going up high to catch balls, just some of the little things that we talk about, 'now this is why we do this and this is why we do that.' It's kind of an eye-opener and awakening. It's better to happen week one then later on."

Robinett said, "That was going to be my next thing. I guess, if you are going to lose, let's lose now."

Coach Cox said, "Let's get it out of the way. I told you last week that San Angelo probably is going to be one of the best teams we play all year, and they proved it. We've got some things that we've got to get better at, and our kids know it. They're motivated to make sure they prove that they're not the team that showed up Friday night."
    Abilene High plays their home opener on Friday night against Midland Lee at 7:30 p.m.

More...
Working...