Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

CHS Conversation: Cougars Start With Win

David Robinett talks to Cooper head coach Todd Moebes about the Cougars opening week victory over Keller.
    David Robinett said, "Coach Moebes, I know you would've rather played a full 48 minutes, instead of it being called two minutes into the third quarter, but your team put up a win, and it seemed like a really good performance by your guys."

Cooper head coach Todd Moebes said, "I was pleased. Certainly there are some things that we've got to clean up, but I thought we played off the momentum being able to score 20 straight points. Defensively, we were put in some bad situations. The body of work of what we did I thought was good for a first outing."

Robinett said, "Austin Smith has really grown as a quarterback. You can just ell the difference between last year's first game and this year's first game. What do you notice about him that's different?"

Coach Moebes said, "I think it's confidence, no doubt, and experience. He's started 14 games and he understands and has a great comprehension of what we are trying to accomplish offensively. That just comes with numbers of reps. From where he's come last year, he's gotten 10,000, 20,000 reps."

Robinett said, "Defensively, I think going into the season, we were expecting that group to be good. Did you like what you saw?"

Coach Moebes said, "I did. They(Keller) ended up having a couple of explosive runs that aren't positive. We've got to be able to fit a little bit better. We were just off. You can see that they were able to get us by some runs. It was a half a man there and a half a man there is going to make all of the difference. Those are coachable type things, and our kids are very coachable, so we've just got to continue to work on it and perfect our fits."
    Cooper continues the season on the road in Grapevine on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.

More...
Working...