Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

War Hawks Excited to Get Back on Field

The McMurry War Hawks took the field for the first time to start getting ready for the 2016 season.

Head coach Lance Hinson is back for his third year as the leader of the War Hawks.

The transition back to NCAA Division III continues for McMurry, and they were happy to be back on the field.

Justin Arroyo said, "Yeah I've been waiting on this now. Senior year I don't have any fear, any fear of anybody. I feel like anybody can get it any time with our team. I don't feel like it's just me. I feel like everybody's backing each other, you know, we love each other. It's a whole different atmosphere around here."

Lance Hinson added, "When was our last, our last game was November 15th last year. I've been missing this day ever since that one, you know I told the team last night, it's always an exciting time to get back and get back on the field."

Jacob Ferguson said, "It's a little hot. They got us in these black jerseys, but super excited. I think everyone's ready to release the nerves."

The War Hawks need a new quarterback and a new running back, but the defense is pretty much back intact.

McMurry opens the 2016 season in Georgetown against Southwestern on September 10.

More...
Working...