Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

'Real' Football Starts: Players Don Pads

The first day of high school football practice is big for coaches and players, but there is one day they look forward to almost as much, the first day they put on the pads.

After four days of working in shorts and helmets, the players finally got to put on pads and really hit each other.

Actual football started Friday, and Big Country players are happy to get going.

"The first day of pads is always exciting," Roscoe head coach Jake Freeman said. "You can't all do the drills you wanna do without pads on. When you get the first day of pads the energy is up, there's a lot of excitement and the kids are wanting to hit each other so it's good to see."

"It's more fun. It gives you that, to hit somebody," Gormon's Danny Limon said. "It pushes you a little more, you get pumped for it. You get ready to hit."

"It feels great," Roscoe's Justin Trawick said. "I was tired of going t-shirts, shorts and helmet. I'm ready to hit. I love hitting."

Now that they are playing football, the players and coaches can start concentrating on the start of the season.

Scrimmages start next week, and the season starts three weeks from tonight for most.

More...
Working...