Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

High Expectations for Baird in 2016

The Baird Bears are coming off an 8-3 2015 season, and they're picked second in the district just below Albany, and while the guys are happy with that extra attention they're getting, Head Coach Chad Barron says that adds a little bit more pressure, but in a good way.

"I think it's a good pressure. I think it's one that helps get the juices going," Barron said. "I think it makes each week count that much more. I mean we're not going to face any slackers this year. There's no just wins on the board before you get to the game. They're all going to be dog fights."

"I think it's a pretty good district, and I like how we're finally getting, people are noticing who we are, and I think it'll be a fun run this year," Dakota Fannin said.

"It's always nice for people to notice you," Barron said. "At the same token, it puts that target on your back, and that's something I've been really preaching to the kids is the more you make people notice, the harder you have to work. The bar is set higher and the expectation is greater."

"It's great to always have great competitors in our district. This district is going to be a tough one," Jaden Cerda said. "Like we said, we're finally getting recognition, and we are writing our own story from here on out, so how we finish in the district all depends on how much we want to put out."

The Bears are happy with the district they're in even though it's a tough one, and they say it's going to be a dog fight every single week, but they're hoping to bring this program closer and closer to the top.

Quick hits for the Bears: Dual threat quarterback Dakota Fannin is back. He delivered over 2,500 total yards in 2015. Seth Porter was a force on defense for the bears with 109 tackles last year.

The Bears start the 2016 season at home in the Bears Den against Deleon.

More...
Working...