Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Clyde Bulldogs Look For More In 2016

The Clyde Bulldogs are a little bit smaller of a team in 2016, but don't worry, they've been strength training all off season long. Even though the Bulldogs feel they've lost some muscle, they're very optimistic.

John Adkias said, "It kind of got to us and everybody else how we've lost the muscle that we had, but I think we're going to come back this year, and I think that Tanner Riley's going to do really well and our receivers are going to connect, and I think we're going to do really good."

Now that the season has started head coach Rocky Smart and his staff can really see what they've got to work with even though there's no pads at first. So what are they getting out of the days with no pads? They're refining some things.

Rocky Smart said, "It's the same but different, and you know these first four days we're just trying to learn as much as possible and just trying to get things refined so when we put the pads on we just can take it to the next level and get as good as we can be."

The Clyde Bulldogs have already been hard at work, but as with any sport the adrenaline and newness of day one starts to wear off and the grind of every day starts to set in, but the Bulldogs hope to meet each day with the same intensity. Whether they're in pads, out of pads, whatever , they hope to have the same mindset.

Tanner Broadfoot said, "It's long, but you just got to keep your focus on what our long term goal is and not get satisfied with what we're doing every day and keep wanting to grind and get better."

Smart said, "Sports are a grind, and you know playing the games is fun, but you have to enjoy being with each other. If you come out dreading it you're not going to enjoy it at all. You've got to come out and have a purpose and a goal in mind that day , what you need to improve on and improve your team. As long as you do that you can battle through the grind and practice and just try to work to get better."

And a main goal for the Bulldogs is a district championship.

More...
Working...