Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Mandrell Comes Home To Coach In Snyder

The Tigers have a new head coach this season, but he's not new to Snyder. Cory Mandrell played football here, coach JV here, and was an offensive coordinator here at Snyder, and now he says he's finally happy to come back home. Hopefully for the last time.

Cory Mandrell said, "Back again. Just keep coming back, so I don't plan to leave this time. It's exciting to be back home. It's the reason I do what I do today is because of what I learned, and the lessons I learned out here. I can tell them, you know, I sweated on this field just like you in that weight room. I've been here. I've done that, you know? I understand this place. This place is important to me. It's not just a place I'm passing through. It's a place I want to see come back to start having some success, so it's definitely the whole hometown story behind all this. It's fun and exciting, and it's a lot of fun for everybody I think."

Jarrett Reneau said, "I like him so far. I feel like we're going to do good with him. It's a familiar play type that we used to run in junior high and all that, so I think we'll be fine with him. He knows more about us than some people think. Just cause he's from here, so I think he'll do good."

Ben McQuirk said, "He was actually here whenever I was in junior high, so we have kind of a relationship, but some of these younger kids don't really know him. His work ethic is phenomenal. I love playing for him. I love working for him, and he's just an all around great man. I'm happy for him to be here."

The Tigers'll put on pads on Friday and coach Mandrell says that day along with their first scrimmage are probably the most exciting days before the season kicks off.

More...
Working...