Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

ACU Meets with the Media

Southland Conference players and coaches met with the media in Lake Charles on Wednesday.

ACU head coach Ken Collums, running back De'Andre Brown and linebacker Sam Denmark talked about expectations for the upcoming season. And all three are ready for the schools final season of ineligibility to get started up on the hill.

Coach Ken Collums said, "This is our last year of our transition, so we're pretty pumped about that. It's been challenging but we're growing every single day."

De'Andre Brown said, "I'm extremely excited for this year's football season. I'm falling in love with the process and the journey with my brothers on the team. I just love the progress that I see."

Collums said, "Wildcat Stadium will be a total game-changer for us. People ask me if i think about the stadium a lot and I tell them I think about it every day. And I think about it most of the day every day. Playing in another stadium is like cooking on somebody else's grill. You get the food cooked and it's OK, but it's not really yours."

Sam Denmark said, "We're pretty excited to play football up in Abilene. New stadium's coming, we're seeing the new construction coming along, that's getting us excited and we're putting in a lot of great work with Coach Burt. We've got a lot of guys ready to play some football."

Collums said, "If you're going to play top-notch football, sometimes you get exposed for a lack of depth, and we suffered because of that last year. As we grow this program, we're adding scholarships, which equals depth. We have more quality players, which is what you need. But just having depth isn't going to get it done. You have to have playmakers and we're getting more and more of those each year."

The college football season is right around the corner. The Wildcats get practice started on August 8th. They open the season on September 3rd against Air Force.

More...
Working...