Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Red Raider Takeaways From Omaha

Playing only three games in the College World Series was not the Red Raiders' plan when they got to Omaha, but spending a week there, they have learned plenty of valuable lessons heading forward.

"I mean just staying hungry. I mean, we've got to Omaha, but that's not enough," Davis Martin said. "The whole freshmen class, sophomores, juniors, all the way up, we want more than this. We don't want to just leave it at fifth place in Omaha. I mean, we want more than this, so I say, keep grinding every day and just try to get back here for sure"

"I mean obviously we lose a couple guys, but we've got a great group of dudes that are ready to go and get back to work, as well as I am," Orlando Garcia said. "It's exciting, you know you make it this far, it gives you motivation for the following year"

"We just gotta keep working," Erikson Lanning said. "I know we've got a group of guys that go back to work. We're gonna get stronger from this, and I think we'll definitely, something special's gonna happen next year"

Speaking of special. Texas Tech is losing, arguably the most special player to ever don a Red Raider uniform, first baseman Eric Gutierrez.

Gute had no other Division I offers out of high school other than the Red Raiders, and he has high expectations for this team going forward.

"It's a blessing. Coach gave me an opportunity. He believed in me. And, I mean, it hurts, but I know this team's going to be back next year," Gutierrez said. "And a couple of years, it's not going to be, it's going to be expected to be here every year competing for the national championship. It's going to be expected from here on out."

The Red Raiders wrap up the 2016 season with a record of 47-20, 3rd most wins ever in program history, and the most since 1996.

More...
Working...