Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Red Raiders Ready for Coastal Carolina

Game day once again in Omaha for the Red Raider baseball team in the dugout where the Red Raiders will call home for Thursday night's game against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.

The dugout is the place to be because it's going to be hot in TD Ameritrade Park.

Red Raiders and head coach Tim Tadlock are hoping Erikson Lanning will be hot just like he was in the Super Regional clinching victory.

The freshman threw seven shutout innings in that win over East Carolina. Meanwhile Texas Tech hopes Coastal Carolina's bats continue to stay cold.

The Chanticleers have just three runs in Omaha in their two games. That's after averaging 6.5 runs in the Super Regional and Regional rounds.

"What I saw on TV last week, and what I read about them so far, and what I've seen is it looks like they got an older group that likes to play," Tadlock said. "It looks like they hit a lot of home runs. They stole a lot of bases. It's not easy to go to Baton Rouge and win a series, much less in a Super Regional setting. I mean that's not a comfortable place to go, and anybody that goes there and wins two out of three is playing some really good baseball."

First pitch set for 7 p.m. with the winner advancing to Friday night's 7 O'clock game against the TCU Horned Frogs.

More...
Working...