Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Superb Defense Keeps Red Raiders Alive

If you ask head coach Tim Tadlock where the Red Raiders are going to hang their hat it's on pitching and defense, and Tuesday afternoon against the Florida Gators, the Red Raiders certainly did work on both sides of the ball.

Starting out with defense though. Three double plays turned by the infield of the Red Raiders, and then in the outfield just spectacular plays all over the place including Tanner Gardner's catch in the end of the first inning, and Tyler Neslony's gun from left field to end the game, but also on the mound, Davis Martin Davis Martin, seven scoreless innings, and that insured that the Red Raiders were going to be successful.

"I think he's been doing it all year, you know, it's a guy who goes out there and no matter what he's going to give you a shot to win the game, so we gave him a couple of insurance, and I mean he responded pretty good to it," Eric Gutierrez said.

"I mean they had some heck of plays out there in center with Tanner and then Orlando made a few good plays at short, so I mean I think trusting the defense and just letting them work today was probably the key to success," Davis Martin said.

"The play Neslony made is a great play," Tadlock said. "The play Tanner Gardener made might have taken two runs off the board."

"I thought it was gone," Micahel Davis said. "He hit it, and I was like that's gone."

"I thought it was gone off the bat, but I got a pretty good read on it," Tanner Gardner said.

"It's guts to go up there and get that ball against the wall," Davis said.

"You know the least I could do was make the play for Davis," Gardner said. "He pitched a great game."

"He made it look kind of easy for a guy that's running," Tadlock said. "Like I said, he's not running at full speed. That's the definition of a guy that, like I said in there, that's a baseball player."

That certainly got the Red Raiders out of some hairy situation. Nothing that Red Raider fans will complain about.

More...
Working...