Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Red Raiders Prepare For TCU

The Red Raiders are set up in Omaha getting ready for the World Series.

They won't play on day one, but they got in some practice Friday.

Head coach, Tim Tadlock announced that Steven Gringery would take the mound for the Red Raiders on Sunday against the Horned Frogs.

"Steven earned the right to throw last week. He threw the ball really well, and Davis has been really good throughout the year. Both of those guys have been pretty steady, and I really just like the matchup," said Tadlock.

Gringery has a 3.25 ERA on the season and is honored to get the start on Sunday.

"It's really a special feeling for me. Just growing up I always wanted to play college baseball, and to be able to get the start here in Omaha just really means a lot to me, and I just really want to go out there and give it my all and give my team a chance to win," said Gringery.

With the sudden improvements from the TCU line-up, the Red Raiders aren't sure what to expect, but they know they have to bring their best nine.

"Well if I knew what to expect it'd be easy. So, I mean, what we'll try to do is prepare between now and Sunday and line up play. Neat thing about this game is, you see something different every day, and I don't really know what to expect other than I know they're playing in a great, great brand of baseball. They play really good baseball as of late, and we do definitely expect to get that. As far as our bunch, I mean like I said, all you can do is what you can do and go prepare and get ready to play," said Tadlock.

The Red Raiders will take on TCU Sunday at 2 p.m. to start their quest for a national championship.

More...
Working...