Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Abilene Cooper Uses 7-On-7 As Team Building

Abilene Cooper is qualified for the 7-on-7 State Tournament and is using every opportunity to get on the field for practice.

In typical 7-on-7 football, there is a lot of catching and throwing, but no running or tackling.

At Cooper, the running backs don't get the ball much, but still gain something from the time spent on the field.

Running back, Tyrees Whitfield said, "I don't get the ball as much, but I love seeing my teammates catch the ball, and I don't get to hit a lot of people, so it's okay, but I love watching all of our play makers catch the ball and stuff."

Running back, Devin Johnson said, "It just helps us with our routes, and our timing and all that."

"It helps us a lot because we're coming closer together and everything, so I'm just loving the bond that we're creating this year and everything, so it should just, the ceiling's the limit," said Whitfield.

The team building and experience the players gain from summer 7-on-7 contributes to their success during season.

Abilene Cooper will be in action on July 8th and 9th at the Div. I 7-on-7 State Tournament.

More...
Working...