Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Hawley Uses 7-On-7 To Improve Team Chemistry

Hawley Bearcats are coming off their best football season ever, and are using 7-on-7 football this summer to help them improve even more.

Even though there's no pads and rarely any running games, it helps the team improve communication.

"Ya know they get to play together," said head coach Mitch Ables. "Every time they get to do something together it makes them better. It's just they're out here competing instead of sitting at home on the couch playing video games or whatever. The summer's now, there's not a whole lot of time to rest, really you know, it's one thing to the next. So they're out here competing getting to be around each other."

The coaches sit back during these games and let their players show off their talents.

7-on-7 gives the quarterback a chance to learn the game even more by calling plays and focus on good throws.

"I mean we're getting a lot of reps out here so I think that will transfer," said quarterback, Quay Stokes. "And just I mean we're working on our feet, getting our hands ready and working on good throws. A lot of throws are done in 7 on 7. I mean you gotta, next man up, you just gotta find a way to fight through it and compete. Everybody's got to compete."

Hawley has one last chance to qualify for the state 7-on-7 tournament at the Jim Ned qualifier this weekend.

More...
Working...