Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Bulldogs Face Pleasant Grove In State Semi-Finals

Wylie Bulldogs are headed to the State Semi-Finals to play against Pleasant Grove.

The Bulldogs played a one-game playoff against Godley and solidified their berth to the Class 4A State Tournament with a five-run rally in the seventh to defeat the Wildcats 7-5.

The game against the Wildcats was a good test for the Bulldogs and was a strong indication of what the state tournament will hold.

Lane Bourland says, "I think it did. Hopefully it gives us a good wake up call, ya know, we'll have to bring our A game the next two games for sure. I know Pleasant Grove is a good team, and we're going to have to be ready to play."

The comeback gives the team the confidence it needs going into their first game of the tournament.

Head coach Clay Martin says, "Oh I think, you know obviously, that was a preview of what it is to come this week. Ya know, the one game playoff, having to execute, and be ready to play when it's all on the line. I think it's having that experience will help as we go into this weekend."

The game begins at 1 p.m. in Austin.

More...
Working...