Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Stamford Goes Back To The State Tournament

The Stamford Bulldogs are heading to Round Rock for the fifth time in the last seven years.

A close 10-9 win against Albany secured the Bulldogs spot in the Class 2A State Tournament.

While the fans spent most of the game on the edge of their seats, head coach, Jeremy West, believes the heart of his players is what has brought them this far.

"Unbelievable, you go from one inning down, to tied, to finding a way to pull out another win," said West. "Just credit to our guys, you don't know how to react. Another testament of our guys' relentlessness and not giving up. Can't say enough about how proud I am of those guys."

The Bulldogs have fallen short of the tournament the last two seasons, so there is a lot of excitement and emotion about the trip back to state.

"I don't know how to really explain it right now," said Stamford player, Ligon West. "I'll let it settle in a little bit. I can't really explain going to the state tournament. I've done it once before, but I'm lucky enough, blessed enough to go one more time."

The State Tournament begins Wednesday in Round Rock.

More...
Working...