Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper Able Work Around Absence Of QB

The Cooper Cougars are just two days from wrapping up Spring football for the year.

The Cougars offense is loaded with returners, but several key members, including quarterback Austin Smith, are busy playing baseball.

So, how have the Cougars been able to get their work done with the missing members of the offense.

Coach Todd Moebes said, "It's been fine. Obviously it's a vital part of what we're doing. We've had a couple of coaches that have run quarterback, and the guys are out there doing what they need to do. So, I think we've been able to run our offense effictively. Unfortunately they're not being able to get the reads that they need to have, but as far as the other ten guys out there, I've been very pleased."

Actavias Lowry said, "Offense honestly hasn't missed a beat. They're a whole bunch better than last year. I see a lot of different people coming out here with different intensities. They're coming out here making the best catches, and they're running as hard as they can."

Spring football finishes up on Thursday night at Shotwell Stadium.

The Red/Blue game starts at 6 p.m.

More...
Working...