Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cumbie Proud To Be In Big Country HOF

Brad Cesak talks to Sonny Cumbie about being inducted into the Big Country Athletic Hall of Fame.
    Brad Cesak said, "D-Rob I'm here with former Snyder QB Sonny Cumbie, one of the inductees in the 2016 Big Country Athletic Hall of Fame, and Sonny, exciting times here, you can see all the people around looking at your exhibit, looking at other people's exhibits. What's the most exciting part of this?"

Sonnu Cumbie said, "Well I think the realization of all the rich history of all the athletes that have come out of the Big Country area, and to have a hall of fame where they celebrate them and really to keep those legacies alove, it's really neat to see, and it's just humbling to be apart of."

Cesak said, "When you look around and see all the different people that are inducted to this hall of fame, what does it mean to you to join the ranks of all these former Big Country athletes?"

Cumbie said, "I think it's something that as time passes, and you have time to really reflect on it, it's pretty mind boggling. One of those things where you never really feel like you've accomplished enough to do that, but others have felt differently. So, I'm just really humbled to be here, to be inducted to this Hall of Fame in the Big Country area, which I think is an area where everyone from here has such pride in, and to be able to positively reflect and impact back on the Big Country where ever you're at I think is something we all try to do. I think everyone that has lived here takes great sense of pride of being from this area."

Cesak said, "Now when you look back on your time at Snyder, what do remember most, or what was your favorite memory from being a Tiger?"

Cumbie said, "I think anyone would probably tell you the chemistry and the camaraderie amongst the team, and the time that you spent with the coaches. At such an early influential age where the coaches there, whether they knew it or not, were really influencing me to become a coach and to follow in their footsteps because of the positive impact they had on our lives."

Cesak said, "Well Sonny, congratulations on being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
    Cumbie is joined by Albany's Johnny Agan, Bonnie Buchanan Gray from May, Coleman's Kenneth Cleveland is honored posthumously, and tennis player Brandon Hawk is in the Class of 2016.
    The Legacy Award goes to the Powell Berry Family from Snyder and Albany.
    Al Pickett receives the Lifetime Achievement for Media.
    "Dub" Sibley and Margarett Ellison are Bill Hart Memorial Legends.

More...
Working...