Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Is Ready For Playoffs To Start

The Wylie Lady Bulldogs are getting ready to start what they hope will be a long run in the class 4a postseason.

Head Coach Heather Collier and her team had their two game winning streak snapped in a seeding game earlier this week.

Some would think that would slow their momentum, but not the Lady Bulldogs.

"If anything it encouraged us even more I think," senior Hadleigh Harvey said. "We wanted to win so badly, it just didn't happen for us, but I think it fueled our fire."

"I think the game with Brownwood, you know it's been tight all year long," Collier said. "Our district's been good, and it was a good game. It was a great game, 2 to 1, we knew it would be tough. We're seeing a good pitcher again, good hitters, good defense. I don't think it lost momentum. The girls were confident that we played good softball, we just might want to put a little more balls in play and make that adjustment, but I don't think that's hindered our confidence at all or it shouldn't."

The Lady Bulldogs have their hands full this week.

They take on Vernon in the bi-district round.

Game 1 is Thursday night in Graham at 8 p.m., and Game 2 is Friday night at 7 p.m. in Snyder.

More...
Working...