Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cougars Take Down Lubbock High, 3-0

The Cooper Cougars moved to 5-3 in District 4-5A play after their 3-0 win over Lubbock High Saturday afternoon. The Cougars will continue district play Tuesday against Lubbock Cooper.

This game was a pitchers duel early on. Chance Chambers got Caleb Freeman to stare at the called third strike.

Later Freeman brought some heat of his own, freezing Robert Ramos at the plate for a strikeout.

The Cougars were able to get on the board in the sixth inning when Garrett Hurst blooped a single into center field. Austin Smith scored on the play to give Cooper a 1-0 lead.

Later in the inning, Zach Goodson sent a hard-hit ground ball down the third base line, scoring another Cougar run. That extended the lead to two.

Cooper would add another run in the sixth inning, and they would win it 3-0.

Coach Cody Salyers said, "It's always good to get a win. That's what I was just talking to the kids about that. It was pretty ugly, but we'll take a win however we can get it. It's been kind of a long week dealing with weather. Not knowing if we were going to play or when we were going to play, but I'm just glad they came out and did enough to get it done."

Caleb Freeman said, "Getting another district win, I mean it's a great feeling. It got us into a second place spot kind of. We've still got to go out there and handle business with Plainview, but we've got a big game Tuesday."

The Cougars are back in action Tuesday against Lubbock Cooper.

More...
Working...