Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Cooper Tennis Team Headed to Regional Tournament

The Cooper tennis team is sending the doubles team of Levi Cook and Colin Hollingsworth to the region I-5A tournament next week.

The pair rolled to the district title and lost just 5 games in three matches.

This is each players second appearance in the regional tournament. Last season, Cook went in boys doubles and Hollingsworth went in mixed.

The guys believe that their experience will help this year.

"Because we've both been there, and last year we did really well," Cook said. "We got second place, and the guy I'm playing with played mixed last year, and they won a round and lost to the eventual state champions in a third set. We both have the experience to succeed, and I think we feel confident."

"I feel really confident. I love playing with Levi. We're pretty good," Hollingsworth said. "I really think that my experience in the past is going to come in handy. I played really close with state champions last year in the state finals, so I feel like we have a really good mesh on the court, and we play pretty well together."

Cook and Hollingsworth didn't lose more than two games in any set at the district tournament.

They start regionals on Monday in Lubbock.

More...
Working...