Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lady Cougars Overcome Adversity and Move On

The Cooper Lady Cougars are just two days from playing in the class 5A Area Championship game.

To say the last month has been strange for the Lady Cougars would be an understatement.

Former head coach Pedro Encarnacion stepped down in the middle of the season, and Robert Alvarez had to step in, and it's worked out because Cooper finished second in District and won their Bi-District game last week.

"All I did was come in, he laid the groundwork." Alvarez said. "The girls work really hard at what they do, so they actually kind of taught me what they were doing, and I just made small rudder adjustments, and we just kept pushing forward."

"Well it was definitely tough, but what he taught us and what our coaches are here for. They're here with us," Lady Cougar Elisabeth Green said. "We, together as a team we have to be strong during this playoff season, and during the rest of the year, and i think that with what he taught us and what these coaches are teaching us that we can get through it together."

The Area Championship game is Friday night for the Lady Cougars. They are set to meet El Paso Jefferson in Odessa on at 6:15.

More...
Working...