Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Gilbert Hopes He Impressed at Pro Day

For the past two seasons ACU fans have seen Cedric Gilbert light up the field, but on Monday the senior faced his toughest test to date: Trying to impress NFL scouts at his Pro Day.

Cedric Gilbert said, "There's been a lot of stress but I got through it. I prayed all the way through it."

Gilbert has all the measurables to translate to the NFL.

Gilbert said, "I feel like I come in and just be that big type of receiver that they're looking for. Somebody on the outside that can run any route, and play inside and get the job done."

A strong performance in front of the scouts could go a long way.

Gilbert said, "It felt natural. It felt like it was nothing new. Nothing I haven't been doing. Everything was just so natural that I just came out here and ran routes and catch. What I've been doing."

Brad Cesak said, "But the one drill that always stands out is the 40-yd dash. It's considered the money maker, and having a good start could be all the difference."

Gilbert said, "Right after I got done running the 40, I had some people timing me, and I had some good time. So, I felt real good going through the rest of the day."

With his pro day in the books the receiver will keep working, and hopes to receive that special call.

Gilbert said, "It would mean a lot. It would be such a relief just to get the opportunity I've been finally praying about and working hard about. It will mean everything to me."

More...
Working...