Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Mason's Hard Work Is Paying Off

The ACU women are sitting at the top of the standings in the Southland Conference, and it's apparent guard Alexis Mason is playing a big role in their rise to the top.

Mason is the Wildcats leading scorer with 16.6 points per game, and she pulls down four rebounds a game.

Mason is making this basketball stuff look easy.

Head coach Julie Goodenough and Mason say hard work is the difference between her and the other players in the Southland Conference.

Goodenough said, "She's got to be the laziest player on the team, (laughs). Alexis is very well deserving of the Player of the Week three times in a row. She's put together some phenomanal numbers. I would guess there is no other player in the entire conference that is putting is as much time on their own as Alexis Mason, and definitely sh'e's an example of hard work pays off."

Alexis Mason said, It feels good because I go to the gym every day and I work out, so it's all paying off, but I feel that just because I'm getting the recognition, I can get other teammates open to take better shots."

Mason and the Wildcats look to improve to 8-0 in conference play and 17-2 overall on Wednesday night.

ACU hosts Houston Baptist at Moody Coliseum at 7 p.m.

More...
Working...