• Show
Clear All
  • Super B
    All District
    • Apr 2015

All Time Champions by Region

TXHSF ALL TIME CHAMPIONS - 11 MAN- ALL LEVELS - ALL TIME

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...?usp=drive_web

I created this Google spreadsheet listing ALL 11 man championships in certain time spans. I divided it up into regions. Now we will know who all the champs are, how many titles won by each team and how each region has performed over the course of what time periods.
    • Six-man is excluded.
    • Ties are excluded.
    • 1-0 wins are excluded (wins by forfeit/due to the winner on the field, later being stripped of the title).
    • Does not go by UIL regions.

Using this map, I determined the regions.

West - 1+2+3 - EP, Midland-Odessa, Abilene, WF, Amarillo, Lubbock, San Angelo
    North - 4 - DFW
    East - 5 - Tyler, Longview, Lufkin, Paris, Texarkana
    CenTex - 7 - Austin, Waco, Temple, Killeen, Huntsville, Bryan-College Station
    GC+SE - 6+9 - Houston, Corpus Christi
    South - 8+10 - San Antonio, RGV

UIL regions change. Sometimes Allen is in Region 2, but usually lately in Region 1. Lake Travis has been in Region 2 & 4. The above regions are constant throughout time.

I will not claim 100% accuracy. I may have missed listing a team, or forgot to add to the count a few times, but I am certain this is 95%+ accurate.
    Super B
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

That's some good stuff, great job and thanks for sharing!

Interesting to see the shift from the west to now the DFW area. DFW always had the talent, why wasn't the area a success the whole time?

Comment

• Super B
      All District
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
      That's some good stuff, great job and thanks for sharing!

Interesting to see the shift from the west to now the DFW area. DFW always had the talent, why wasn't the area a success the whole time?
      Good question. Really the biggest metro area teams were not very dominant in mass until the 1970s. Then more in the 1980s. It really exploded in the 90s.
      Super B

Comment

Working...