2017 State Tournament Information

2017 State Tournament Information
    Veterans Park and Athletic Complex
    3101 Harvey Road
    College Station, TX 77845

Directions

Division II Tournament -- Thursday, June 29th & Friday, June 30th
    Division I Tournament -- Friday, June 30th & Saturday, July 1st
    click here for map of fields (field layout)
    General Information

• Teams that finish in the top two of a State Qualifying Tournament (SQT) qualify for the State 7on7 Tournament. (Note: SQT’s greater than 16 teams MAY qualify more than 2 teams as predetermined by the Board of Directors prior to the event)
    • Adidas is a proud sponsor of the Texas 7on7 Championships and provides every player of each team with their official tournament uniform. Along with these uniforms, each player will receive additional apparel from Adidas.
    • The Texas State 7on7 Association has also partnered with Unequal Technologies to provide players with the Unequal Halo to be worn during competition. More information about the Unequal Halo can be found here.
    • In an effort to properly outfit the players, each team will reserve an appointment to be fitted and complete the registration process. It is important that all team members are present when the team checks in and receives their uniforms.
    • Typically, team registration and uniform fitting will be Thursday & Friday 8:00AM - 12:30 PM.
    • Teams that qualify for State will receive all necessary information regarding the procedures necessary to sign up for a registration time. This information will be sent via email to the team representative at the conclusion of all SQT's.
    • All registration materials and uniforms will be picked up when you register. This includes - assigned pools, where you will play, times of your games, and a site map.
    • Team entry fee is $300 If you will be paying by check or money order, please make payable to: Texas 7on7 State Championships
    • Along with the $300 Team Registration Fee, the only items a Team Coach needs to bring to check-in are the Release of Liability Forms for every player and the Team Roster, which you can download off this site. Have them signed and present them at registration. (Waiver/Roster Form)
    • Every player must have a signed waiver before participating and these waivers must be turned in during check-in prior to the start of the tournament
    • Fill out the roster with each participant's name. Do not write in a number as players will be assigned numbers during the registration and fitting process just prior to the tournament.
    • Maximum roster size is 20 players
    • Water and Gatorade will be provided at each field, however, teams are encouraged to bring their own water, drinks, snacks, etc.
    • Tents are permissible in designated areas around each game field.
    • There is no entry fee for spectators.
    • There is no seating around the fields used during pool play so spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs.

Division II Tournament

Thursday
    • Registration is from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
    • Pool play begins at 1:00 pm
    • Four teams in each pool.
    • All teams will play three games on Thursday.
    • Pools A through H start pool play at 1:00 pm. Their remaining two games are at 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
    • Pools I through P start at 2:00 p.m. with their following two games at 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
    • The pool letter typically corresponds to field number, i.e. Pool A = Field 1, Pool B = Field 2. etc. Pool I = Field 1, Pool J = Field 2, etc.
    • The top two teams from each pool will advance to a Championship round Friday morning while the remaining two teams from each pool will advance to the Consolation Bracket, also played Friday morning.
    • All teams will play at least one game on Friday morning.

Friday
    • Consolation and Championship Bracket Play.
    • 1st round of the Consolation Bracket begins at 8:00 a.m.
    • The 1st round of the Championship Bracket will begin at 9:00 a.m.
    • In bracket play, pools will match up accordingly with the other pool that played on their field.
    • Pool A vs Pool I, Pool B vs Pool J, etc. in the following manner: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4
    • Consolation final will be played at approximately 3:00 p.m.
    • The Division II State 7-on-7 Championship Game will be played at approximately 4:00 p.m.

Division I

Friday
    • Registration is from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm
    • Pool play begins at 1:00 pm
    • Four teams in each pool.
    • All teams will play three games on Friday.
    • Pools A through H start pool play at 1:00 pm. Their remaining two games are at 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
    • Pools I through P start at 2:00 p.m. with their following two games at 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
    • The pool letter typically corresponds to field number, i.e. Pool A = Field 1, Pool B = Field 2. etc. Pool I = Field 1, Pool J = Field 2, etc.
    • The top two teams from each pool will advance to a Championship round Saturday morning while the remaining two teams from each pool will advance to the Consolation Bracket, also played Saturday morning.
    • All teams will play at least one game on Saturday morning.

Saturday
    • Consolation and Championship Bracket Play.
    • 1st round of the Consolation Bracket begins at 8:00 a.m.
    • The 1st round of the Championship Bracket will begin at 9:00 a.m.
    • In bracket play, pools will match up accordingly with the other pool that played on their field.
    • Pool A vs Pool I, Pool B vs Pool J, etc. in the following manner: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4
    • Consolation final will be played at approximately 3:00 p.m.
    • The Division I State 7-on-7 Championship Game will be played at approximately 4:00 p.m.

Picture
    For Media Credentials Contact:
    Paul Murphy, adidas Public Relations
    971-234-4266
    paul.murphy@adidas.com

news.adidas.com/US
    @pablomurphy

Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘