X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

SHC’s IImar’I Thomas is Girls Metro Player of the Year

SHC’s IImar’I Thomas is Girls Metro Player of the Year

Sacred Heart Cathedral basketball standout IImar’I Thomas has accomplished so much for such a young player.

The 6-foot-1 senior forward improved noticeably each of her four seasons, finishing an illustrious high school career with averages of 25 points, 13.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game for the Irish (18-9).

Thomas beat out one of the nation’s top sophomores — Haley Jones of Mitty — and Campolindo-Moraga’s do-everything Haley Van Dyke to be named The Chronicle’s 2016-17 Girls Metro Player of the Year.

“For the fourth straight year, we moved IImar’I around to different spots so teams couldn’t just key on her in certain areas,” said Sacred Heart Cathedral coach LyRyan Russell.

The Irish reached the Central Coast Section Open Division playoffs in all four seasons, won them in 2015 and captured the state Division 3 crown in 2016.

“She has such a keen understanding of the game,” Russell said.

Besides her obvious physical ability, her mental makeup has helped make her such a success.

“They seem to be moving in the right direction,” Russell said.

MaxPreps senior writer Mitch Stephens covers high school sports for The Chronicle.

Sacred Heart Cathedral

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍