X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Georgia Bureau

I am in Georgia and was in Athens when the hammer fell. The city was in shock. The internet almost stopped due to an overload. Tweets were in the millions. Had a major crime wave struck? Had the power grid slipped out of control?  No, the big school in town fired the football coach. Mark Richt was out at UGA after 15 seasons and 141 wins. The school will talk about this later today but it was clear a change WASN'T NEEDED. They just did it anyway. Of course it had to do with NOT WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. If that was the only reason another 125 coaches would be OUT OF WORK TODAY. 15 years is a lifetime in the coaching biz and Richt CERTAINLY could go somewhere else, but maybe he is just Ok WITH GETTING A 4.1 MILLION DOLLAR out the door envelope. One other thing happened in this town.

I couldn't watch the TEXANS GAME. I settled for the Falcons-Vikings game. As expected the FALCONS SPUTTERED AND FELL one more time. It seemed to me the crowd left at the beginning of the 4th qtr. I guess they had to leave the building to call the sports  talk radio dudes. On WSB Atlanta they had a 2 hour special devoted to the RICHT FIRING. Guess who's name came up?  One guy on the radio called him "That coach in HOUSTON" I assumed he meant Tom Herman not Bill O"Brien. Then I happened to hear the TEXANS FINAL and was a little surprised. THEN I SAW J.J. Watt being interviewed. Imagine that. You can leave town, you can end up with no communication, but you never lose sight of J.J.  I gotta see if Georgia has called J.J. He could just stand on the sideline to fire up the lads and sell pizza during time outs. Or FORDS, Or groceries. Or cell phones.

More...
Working...