X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: It's only Money

Rarely a day goes by when sporting news doesn't have something to report regarding money. In fact, let's face it, NO DAYS go by without a money mention. I SUPPOSE some of us can relate, but not many when a 20-something acts like a 20-something and we figure he or she must be a real knucklehead. Speaking of that term, the names of Johnny Manziel and Ryan Mallett come to mind. THE knee jerkers among us wrote Manziel off while he was still an Aggie. Mallett wasn't as high profile, but we learned later he had a way about him that turned off his bosses and his teammates.

Most recently we became amused that Manziel was seen and heard "partying" in Austin. As a single multi-millionaire I would have expected nothing else. The Cleveland Browns did and now tell us JOHNNY ISN'T THEIR GUY for their next loss. THAT WILL BE TO Baltimore this coming Monday. The Browns are 2-8 and tied for dead last in the ESPN "POWER RANKINGS". Perhaps not playing a quarterback at all might help.

Johnny did promise to be a good kid on his bye week and perhaps his idea of good isn't good. I do know he makes $129,000 a week and I would be checking in at a milk bar for that kind of loot. As for Ryan (I missed the flight) Mallett. He proved to be a whiner when he didn't make the first team last September. It got worse and he elected yesterday to take his TERMINATION DEAL courtesy of the league's CBA. CBA is a union term for "they signed it, you signed it, you get it no matter how stupid you are." That exact definition is most likely NOT in the contract. MALLETT will be getting 10 checks of bye-bye money worth more than $147,000 apiece. For those scoring at home (and we hope you are) that is $1.47 MILLION. As I look at my own career, I should have missed at least one plane flight. I gotta see if the airport will be crowded tomorrow.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎