Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Bulldogs Excited for Rematch with Godley

The Wylie Bulldogs start their regional final series Wednesday against the Godley Wildcats.

This is a rematch of last year's regional final that the Bulldogs won on their way to the first baseball state title in school history.

The teams are familiar each other, and that should make this a very good series.

Head coach Clay Martin said, "You know, Godley's got a good team, and so do we. I think it'll be a great matchup and something that I think has been on the horizon. I'm just proud of the fact that we're back to this point and know we'll be good to play."

Zach Smith said, "I'm looking forward to the atmosphere. It's going to be highly competitive. We're going to have to come out early because they'll definitely be looking for the revenge from last year, so we're super excited."

Tyler Henson said, "We got to watch them [Friday], they're pretty talented but I think we're just as talented and if we play our game we won't have any trouble."

The Bulldogs and Godley start their series Wednesday at Wichita Falls. Game one starts at 2 p.m. Game 2 will follow immediately, and game 3 if needed is Thursday at 1 p.m.

More...
Working...