Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Experience Leads Wylie into State Semis

Going to the state semi-finals is nothing new for Wylie.

Cameron Hanna said, "It never loses it's touch. I mean you're always excited to make the playoffs. I mean make a good run, make state. It's always a blast."

Clay Martin said, "There's a lot of familiarity with the fact that we've gone three years in a row, and the routine will be the same in some ways."

This group of seniors is pretty experienced to say the least, especially if you take into account that they know what it feels like to be state champions.

Hanna said, "I mean most of the guys, most of the starters are experienced in the playoffs, so we know what to expect. We know how to handle all the pressure. I think that's huge coming back."

Connor Carlton said, "For some of us this is going to be our third year going back, and I think that's a huge advantage. You know we've been there. We've felt the atmosphere there."

With that amount of experience and the success the Bulldogs have had, they can be looked at as the team to beat.

Hanna said, "I think for sure they're going to want to get back at us. Especially Pleasant Grove since that was the team we beat the first round last year. They're going to want to beat us."

At this point in the season, there's really no reason to change anything. The Bulldogs are going to do what they've been doing, and having fun. So much fun in fact that they let me take some cuts with them in bp! But that's not the point.... the point is this group of guys has fun playing together.

Carlton said, "Everybody's excited and everybody's ready to go. All we've got to do is just wait for game time and get out there and play the way we play."

Hanna said, "Going down on Tuesday. Getting there, spending time with the team, playing the games. Last year it was winning the whole thing. I mean you can't. I mean it was so much fun."

Wylie is ready to try for a chance at another state championship, but it all starts with Pleasant Grove on Wednesday afternoon.

More...
Working...