Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Lions Hope to Continue Making History

David Fairchild said, "It's a great feeling, I mean this is a great feeling. We've been talking about this for the last two weeks, trying to stay focused."

Albany has a lot to feel good about right now. The Lions are state bound for the first time in school history!!

Roman Fuentes said, "It's really exciting to bring something back to our community, this is the first time we're going to state, and it couldn't have been better with a special group of people."

Hunter Owen said, "Albany's had some pretty great teams in the past, so to be the first to ever get to go to state is just a huge accomplishment for us."

Now Albany isn't a stranger to postseason play. The Lions went pretty far in the playoffs in both football and basketball, so these guys have had team chemistry all year long.

Brian Hamilton said, "I mean I love my guys. Just doing everything with them, small town, they're your bros, you just do everything. You know no matter what that they're always going to be there for you, you strike out, make an error, you know that they're looking for you to bounce back and you gotta do it for your bros."

Owen said, "Everyone on our team bonds really well, so everybody gets along and that just really corresponds when we go out on the field."

You can't coach chemistry, but you can coach hard work and perseverence, and that's what has gotten the Lions this far in the season.

Fairchild said, "We've talked to the boys, told them about making history, first time in Albany ISD, we preached it. The most important thing is we held our composure, we stayed cool and stayed calm to achieve this great goal."

Fuentes said, "We just battled hard all season and this was our goal from the start, and we got it done. It couldn't feel any better right now."

Albany's got a quick turnaround from their Region Final game on Friday. The Lions will play in the state semifinals against Muenster on Wednesday, and if they win that one, they'll keep making history at the state championship game on Thursday.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎