Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Wylie Ready for a Challenge in Semifinals

The Wylie Bulldogs are headed back to the state tournament for the third year in a row.

The Bulldogs face Pleasant Grove on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2016 semifinal game that Wylie won by the final of 7-5. It's the same teams, but several of the players are different.

One thing that's for sure, the Bulldogs are expecting a real challenge.

Head coach Clay Martin said, "Oh I mean we've got a chance to watch them play. Some of the guys are back from the team we played last year, so I have a little bit of knowledge, but to be quite honest with you, it's more about us than is about worrying about who we're going to play."

Cameron Hanna said, "I mean they play hard. They have good pitching, so we're expecting a good pitching battle, so other than that we haven't really talked about them a whole lot, but I mean we've talked about how good their pitchers are."

Connor Carlton said, "You know I expect them to come out ready to go and wanting it, so I think if we just go out there and take it to them early maybe we can get them to lay down."

Wylie and Pleasant Grove meet in Austin at Disch-falk field on Wednesday at 4 p.m.

More...
Working...