Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

FCA All-Star Festival: Austin Smith

The FCA All-Star Festival continues this weekend, and Cooper's Austin Smith is honored to be selected to play in the FCA All-Star baseball game on Friday.

"It's definitely something I've never been involved in, like never get invited to do stuff like this, so it's something new. It's something cool. I've already met some of the kids, and they're really cool. Like these kids from Sonora I've met. They're all friendly, and I've never really played with these teams before.

I think it's kind of special because I mean there's not a lot of people doing it, and being selected makes it cool. Makes it special. Really the last two years were the most fun part of high school to me because I finally started to get to pitch a little bit, and play more.

Being done with football, I'm really going to miss that a lot because it was always really hyped up. I'm definitely going to miss that. Really just sports, and I don't really hang out with a lot of kids outside of school, so I mean school is where I saw everybody, so I'm going to miss that a lot too.

Going to church is hard sometimes playing baseball, so going to FCA always helped, and I think it's just really special because you're doing it for Him upstairs, and you're playing a way that glorifies Him."

More...
Working...