Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

ACU Spring Practice Puts Emphasis on Linemen

The ACU Wildcats are putting final touches on spring football this week, and it was a spring that focused on the offensive and defensive lines.

Depth is a real issue for head coach Adam Dorrel, so the last month or so has been spent teaching and getting the lineman used to the idea of playing more than one position just in case.

Dorrel said, "I feel like both the offensive, defensive line are doing some good things. The biggest thing that we're trying to do is get guys to play multiple positions in case we do have some injuries, and really trying to get up to speed our depth at those spots. We have some guys that haven't played a ton, but they're doing some really good things as young guys, so yeah I've been pleased with them. The effort's been good."

Riley Mayfield said, "With this new system we're really coming together. Just communicating a lot better and starting to work together as a group. That takes time, but I think we're starting to come around to that."

The Wildcats' final spring practice is Tuesday at Action Sports, and they close the spring with a scrimmage Friday night at 6 at Shotwell.

More...
Working...