Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

7 Eagles Ready to Soar Into Regionals

The Abilene High Eagles are sending 7 players to the region I-6A tennis tournament next week, and four of those players are playing girls doubles.

Freshmen Mckenna Bryan and Katherine Morris and sophomores Rachel Tebow and Lauren Schaffer finished first and second in district and played a thrilling 3-set match in the finals.

They are evenly matched, and that is a big help when it's tournament time.

"It's really beneficial," Morris said. "They're really good, so it's good competition and we both get better."

Tebow said, "They're a good team and it's good experience to play good players."

"I mean it's very important because if you're playing against a weaker team you're not going to get any better," Schaeffer said. "You have to play against better teams in order to grow yourself mentally and physically."

Head coach Stacy Bryan said, "I put them together in hopes that we might get first and third. It was a very long shot getting them both, so I'm extremely proud."

Here's a closer look at the players headed to regionals from Abilene High include, Bryan and Morris who are the top seeds from the district in girls doubles with Tebow and Schaeffer the number two from the district.

The Eagles also qualified the team of Cole Edwards and Hope Brown in mixed doubles.

Sara Horn represents the Eagles in girls singles.

The regional tournament is in Arlington next Tuesday and Wednesday.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎