Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Keevan Lucas is Driven by Doubters

We are just a week and 3 days from the start of the 3-day NFL draft. Former Abilene High Eagle and Tulsa Hurricane Keevan Lucas is one of the players expected to be drafted on the third day somewhere in the 4th to 7th rounds.

He is constantly proving the doubters wrong.

Lucas was too small, he went to a school that's too small, and he's been hurt to many times. Too much to overcome, right?

Actually, that's what drives him.

"As far as the doubters and the haters and the nay sayers, I handle those people all the same way," Lucas said. "I mean it's kind of been like that since high school. I love it. I really do. I love being counted out, and that's really what fueled me with my injury this last time. I think I saw something like, yeah that's a tough injury. He's never going to come back the same person, and I'm just like, okay, so I like being that because that just keeps me humble, and that just keeps me with that fuel and that fire because I feel like when people get complacent and get content, that's when they allow other things to happen. I like to always stay on the edge because it keeps me grounded."

The draft starts a week from Thursday and runs through Saturday.

Lucas is the only area player that's expected to be drafted.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎