Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Champs Have Target on Their Back

The Wylie Bulldogs enter the 2017 season as the Class 4A State Champions, and that title defense is going quite well.

Head coach Clay Martin's team is 10-0 and are ranked no. 2 in the state. The Bulldogs have been good for a Wylie, so they are used to getting extra attention from opponents.

This year, though, they expect the kind of attention that state champs get.

Zach Smith said, "We approach this season because we know there's a target on their back this year. I mean we're the defending state champions, so people are trying to knock us down, but we just try to clear that from our heads. Play one game at a time you know. It's how you're supposed to do it."

Bryce Gist said, "We just wanted to come back and work as hard as we can to get to the spot we were at last year and just improve everyday and take it day by day and see where can go from there."

"We've just gone into this year trying to prepare to get better and to become a great team by the end of the season, and you know I think that's the goal every year is to improve as you go along, and I think we're off to a good start," Martin said.

The Wylie Bulldogs play in the AISD Tournament Thursday thru Saturday.

The first game is at Bulldog Field at 11 in the morning.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎