Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS Feeds
    • Dec 2015

Aledo Tops Cooper In Region Semifinals

The Aledo Bearcats used a 28-point 1st quarter to jump on Cooper, and they never looked back on their way to a 56-35 victory over the Cougars.
    The Bearcats used a mixture of run and pass with three rushing touchdowns from Jason Williams, Jase McClellan, and Donnie Davis and a 50-yard touchdown pass from Dillon Davis to Logan Bridges.
    Cooper only managed a pair of Jamie Pogue field goals in the first half and trailed 35-6 at the half.
    The two teams traded touchdowns in the second half with Terreon Paige's kickoff return being Cooper's first touchdown of the game.
    Cooper loses by 21 touchdowns, and after the game, head coach Todd Moebes said he was very proud of his team.
    He said, ""They're so unselfish, like I mentioned before. There's so many guys behind the scenes that nobody knows about but they played certain positions for three years then you go into their senior year and you tell them, hey we need to change your position because it's going to be for the better of the football team, and they embrace it with open arms and they did it, they didn't ask any questions why. They said if that's what's best for the team then that's what I'm going to do. It just shows their unselfishness and that's something I'm most proud about."
    Cooper finishes the season with an 8-5 record. Aledo moves on to the Class 4A Division II quarterfinals.

More...
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎