X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Jerrod Heard

is a good QB and football player. I've seen where moderators on certain boards have said he's not a good QB because he ran out of bound short of the first down marker so he's not a good QB. Thank god that person just runs a message board and has no real football talent himself when it comes to evaluating teams or players. The Texas future at QB is set with this guy.
  • svhorns
    All State
    • Apr 2015

Via UT: Texas (1-2 overall, 0-0 Big 12) Last week: 45-44 home loss to Cal This week: Home vs. Oklahoma State (2:30 pm CT, ESPN)

Heard’s Record-Setting Performance After playing just six snaps in the season-opening loss at Notre Dame, redshirt freshman QB Jerrod (juh-ROD) Heard had his name called just prior to kick in the week two win against Rice and responded with a solid performance against the Owls (10 rushes for 96 yards, 4-of-7 passing for 120 yards with two TDs). Heard put up record-setting numbers despite making just his second career start (and playing in his third collegiate game) in Saturday’s 45-44 loss to Cal.

Jerrod Heard by the numbers vs. Cal Set a UT single-game total offense mark with 527 yards (364 pass/163 rush). This performance topped the previous mark of 506 (239 pass/267 rush) by Vince Young at Oklahoma State in 2005.

Became the second UT quarterback in school history to throw for 300 yards and rush for 100 yards, joining Colt McCoy (304 pass/175 rush) at Texas A&M on Nov. 26, 2009

Led team to 650 yards of total offense, the eighth-highest single-game mark in UT history Completed 20-of-31 passes for 364 yards, including a long of 54 yards

His 364 yards passing ranked 10th in UT single-game history and was the second-highest total by a freshman in UT history (Major Applewhite had 408 vs. Oklahoma State in 1998).

Became the first UT freshman QB to throw for 300 yards since Colt McCoy (308) in the 2006 Alamo Bowl vs. Iowa Rushed 24 times for 163 yards (6.8 avg) with three TDs, including a long of 45 yards

His 163 yards rushing marked the first time a UT freshman QB had rushed for 100 yards since Vince Young had 163 against Nebraska on Nov. 1, 2003 (14 carries) in Austin. His 163 yards rushing marked the eighth-best rushing effort by a QB in UT history and tied the best rushing effort by a freshman QB in school history

His three rushing TDs tied a UT single-game freshman record (shared by four other players; last was Joe Bergeron vs. Texas Tech in 2011).

His 163 yards rushing tied for the seventh-best single-game effort by a freshman in UT history Heard in the 2015 season

Leads the team in rushing with 247 yards on 36 carries (6.9 avg) and three TDs Has completed 25-of-39 passes (.641) for 494 yards with two TDs and one INT

Leads the team in total offense with 741 yards (247.0 avg)
    Last edited by svhorns; 09-20-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• pied
      2nd Team
      • Apr 2015

I don't want to get too excited but I like what I saw. Only saw the state title games and figured he'd be able to run a bit in college. Threw a few very nice long balls in the Rice game, but it was a limited body of work.

The obvious things impersseed me, but I loved to see him throw some good intermediate balls and make good decisions. IMO that bodes well for the future, although I expect some bumps in the road.

Comment

• Farmer
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by pied
        I don't want to get too excited but I like what I saw. Only saw the state title games and figured he'd be able to run a bit in college. Threw a few very nice long balls in the Rice game, but it was a limited body of work.

The obvious things impersseed me, but I loved to see him throw some good intermediate balls and make good decisions. IMO that bodes well for the future, although I expect some bumps in the road.
        he's always been a good QB. Has a really good arm and is really smart. He makes good decisions with the football and will only get better from here on out. Texas made a very smart move going with him. I hope he takes it to OU

Comment

• GoOwls
          '16 College Pick 'Em Runner-Up
          • Aug 2015

Heard does look promising....one of the few bright spots so far this year, or the last few years, for that matter.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎