• Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Politics

All the politicians are overpaid!
  • Eagle82
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Do we really want another 4/8 years of the Clinton's and their crap! Always something with them!!!

Comment

• JagFan
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle82
      Do we really want another 4/8 years of the Clinton's and their crap! Always something with them!!!
      Nope!

I also don't want another Bush. Love Jeb but we (the nation) need some fresh blood.

Comment

• Eagle82
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JagFan

Nope!

I also don't want another Bush. Love Jeb but we (the nation) need some fresh blood.
        I won't argue that at all!

Comment

• 1AllenFan
          Practice Squad
          • Apr 2015

... but we (the nation) need some fresh blood.
          I'm from the Lib Dem side of the line, and want some fresh blood also, but instead it seems like it will go down as an uncontested coronation. At least the opposition has ~19 fighting it out and honing their skills.

Comment

• JagFan
            1st Team
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 1AllenFan

I'm from the Lib Dem side of the line, and want some fresh blood also, but instead it seems like it will go down as an uncontested coronation. At least the opposition has ~19 fighting it out and honing their skills.

Love all of the new voices. Do you know anything about that O'Malley guy? His name keeps popping up but few details.

Comment

• 1AllenFan
              Practice Squad
              • Apr 2015

Love all of the new voices. Do you know anything about that O'Malley guy? His name keeps popping up but few details.
              I know a little bit about him (regarded as capable, serious, not a flame thrower type, I *think* decent governance, etc) but not much and that sort of tells you about our side in all this:

Clinton seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

I struggle even coming up with a list of contenders: there is O’Malley, Jim Webb, Bernie Sanders (whom I like but he is like our Donald Trump: he just shows up every time it seems), the Warren Flirt which I knew wasn’t going anywhere and her and Bernie appeal to the same folks. The interesting one, who gets no ink is Jim Webb, as he may have helped us with our real “white voter problem” (actually our white middle/working class problem)...

What I find very interesting, is that the parties seemed to have switched sides: the Dems used to be the ones that fell in love with their person, only to be heart broken, while the Republicans did the sober, “get in line”, orderly succession thing. Now.. they seemed to have swapped. Kinda interesting.

Hillary will be it for us unless something very unexpected happens: a game changing scandal that renders her fundamentally not able to move fwd. Something big and out nowhere is my point.

Comment

• JagFan
                1st Team
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by 1AllenFan

I know a little bit about him (regarded as capable, serious, not a flame thrower type, I *think* decent governance, etc) but not much and that sort of tells you about our side in all this:

Clinton seems to have sucked all the oxygen out of the room.

I struggle even coming up with a list of contenders: there is O’Malley, Jim Webb, Bernie Sanders (whom I like but he is like our Donald Trump: he just shows up every time it seems), the Warren Flirt which I knew wasn’t going anywhere and her and Bernie appeal to the same folks. The interesting one, who gets no ink is Jim Webb, as he may have helped us with our real “white voter problem” (actually our white middle/working class problem)...

What I find very interesting, is that the parties seemed to have switched sides: the Dems used to be the ones that fell in love with their person, only to be heart broken, while the Republicans did the sober, “get in line”, orderly succession thing. Now.. they seemed to have swapped. Kinda interesting.

Hillary will be it for us unless something very unexpected happens: a game changing scandal that renders her fundamentally not able to move fwd. Something big and out nowhere is my point.
                I think we learned with Bob Dole not to anoint people. It was his turn and nobody was going to take that away from him. Again love him but not what we needed at the time.

I felt for Hillary in 2008. I think she was mistreated by some. I am not a fan but did feel for her. It is her turn and she is just not Bill with being able to talk to the people.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎