X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farmer
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Looks like Seth Green is the Allen starter

he has taken the majority of the snaps the last 2 weeks and it appears he is now the starter over Jonke. It looks like the Allen QB tradition continues
  • sTp
    1st Team
    • Apr 2015

What happened to Jonke? I admit I haven't been following too closely but I thought Jonke was the main guy in the Guyer game?

Comment

• ray1301
      Special Teams
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by sTp
      What happened to Jonke? I admit I haven't been following too closely but I thought Jonke was the main guy in the Guyer game?
      Allen has to hold up their end of the recruiting deal.

Comment

• sTp
        1st Team
        • Apr 2015

Ah, so let a few games go by, hope everyone isn't noticing and then pull the 'ol switcharoo.. "Move along, nothing to see here.."

What year is Jonke, is he a Junior?

Comment

• Farmer
          All District
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
          Ah, so let a few games go by, hope everyone isn't noticing and then pull the 'ol switcharoo.. "Move along, nothing to see here.."

What year is Jonke, is he a Junior?
          pretty much spot on. Jonke got a bulk of the snaps against Guyer but the last two weeks it's been all Green. He threw for around 280 last night and ran for another 110. There were those that said he looked raw and his skills would be exploited in Texas Hs football I tried to tell some of those people he would be fine in Texas because the competition Allen plays against isn't all that great or much different than what he has seen in Minneosta. Allen will only be challenged by Trinity in the 4th round this year outside of that they should cruise to another state title.

Comment

• some eagle fan
            Special Teams
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Farmer

pretty much spot on. Jonke got a bulk of the snaps against Guyer but the last two weeks it's been all Green. He threw for around 280 last night and ran for another 110. There were those that said he looked raw and his skills would be exploited in Texas Hs football I tried to tell some of those people he would be fine in Texas because the competition Allen plays against isn't all that great or much different than what he has seen in Minneosta. Allen will only be challenged by Trinity in the 4th round this year outside of that they should cruise to another state title.
            there's a lot of truth in your comments however MJ did hurt his right hand early in the Viera game. They thought it was broken, turned out to be a deep bone bruise. Nonetheless, Green will be calling the plays from here on out.

FYI - Mitch is a Jr. this year but there is a bad ass So. behind him so.......who knows what the future holds for him. The backup is always only one play away from being the starter right.

Comment

• sTp
              1st Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by some eagle fan

there's a lot of truth in your comments however MJ did hurt his right hand early in the Viera game. They thought it was broken, turned out to be a deep bone bruise. Nonetheless, Green will be calling the plays from here on out.

FYI - Mitch is a Jr. this year but there is a bad ass So. behind him so.......who knows what the future holds for him. The backup is always only one play away from being the starter right.
              Everything from Jonke down sounds pretty legit, but just understand while Green is in there we will give you no end of s***..

Comment

• Farmer
                All District
                • Apr 2015

could Mitch play another position and contribute if he is not the QB next year? Even though we like to give you guys grief about the transfers Allen had a pretty good history of QBs going back to the Dick brothers and Brown, Carter and Morris.

How is good is the defense this year? So far it looks to be really good based on the stat lines.

Comment

• MGoBlue
                  Practice Squad
                  • May 2015

Of course Green is the QB. Murray didn't convince this kid to transfer to sit on the bench. Allen did the same thing with Kyler Murray: have the "local" kid start the season then push him aside for the transfer. Oh well, what can you do? The local Allen kids are happy with their participation trophies they get sitting on the bench while the move-ins get all the PT.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                    Special Teams
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Everything from Jonke down sounds pretty legit, but just understand while Green is in there we will give you no end of s***..

No problem sTp, dish it out as you please. It's not like we don't have it coming. This Eagle fan does not wear blinders.

Comment

• sTp
                      1st Team
                      • Apr 2015

No problem sTp, dish it out as you please. It's not like we don't have it coming. This Eagle fan does not wear blinders.
                      Which makes it all the more fun, cause at least we know there are a few Allen fans out there that can be objective. The other board, not so much..

I sincerely wish you and your boys all the best, but just know every time Green makes a play, I (and I'm sure others) are gonna razz you about it all..

Comment

• some eagle fan
                        Special Teams
                        • Apr 2015

could Mitch play another position and contribute if he is not the QB next year? Even though we like to give you guys grief about the transfers Allen had a pretty good history of QBs going back to the Dick brothers and Brown, Carter and Morris.

How is good is the defense this year? So far it looks to be really good based on the stat lines.
                        Well , Mitch is an athlete so I'm sure they can find a spot for him I just don't know what would be the best fit. He has always been a QB, always. He could probably play slot or maybe TE but he's just not very fast. I want to see the kid get his chances somewhere, he is a great young man and seems to be taking all of this in stride.

I'll add that if Green continues to run the way he did last night he is going to get blown up and Mitch will be back on the field. He needs to learn to go down when he is stopped. He tries to fight for that "1 more yard" and he is going to get hurt. He thinks he's Natee, and he's NOT.

The Allen defense looks very salty. However all of our DBs are vertically challenged. It's hard for 5'8" to cover 6'3". They are fast and can close fairly well but we'll lose the jump ball more often then not. The starting line and linebackers are going to keep most teams in check. The 2s need more experience. Things fall off when we rotate out.

I was looking forward to the Plano game next week but after last night I'm not sure what they have. I hope they don't come out and give us the shocker! Otherwise it's what does Marcus have and is East for real.

Comment

• Farmer
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Well , Mitch is an athlete so I'm sure they can find a spot for him I just don't know what would be the best fit. He has always been a QB, always. He could probably play slot or maybe TE but he's just not very fast. I want to see the kid get his chances somewhere, he is a great young man and seems to be taking all of this in stride.

I'll add that if Green continues to run the way he did last night he is going to get blown up and Mitch will be back on the field. He needs to learn to go down when he is stopped. He tries to fight for that "1 more yard" and he is going to get hurt. He thinks he's Natee, and he's NOT.

The Allen defense looks very salty. However all of our DBs are vertically challenged. It's hard for 5'8" to cover 6'3". They are fast and can close fairly well but we'll lose the jump ball more often then not. The starting line and linebackers are going to keep most teams in check. The 2s need more experience. Things fall off when we rotate out.

I was looking forward to the Plano game next week but after last night I'm not sure what they have. I hope they don't come out and give us the shocker! Otherwise it's what does Marcus have and is East for real.
                          sucks losing to Hebron is a concern. More later!

Comment

• some eagle fan
                            Special Teams
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp

Which makes it all the more fun, cause at least we know there are a few Allen fans out there that can be objective. The other board, not so much..

I sincerely wish you and your boys all the best, but just know every time Green makes a play, I (and I'm sure others) are gonna razz you about it all..
                            I hope you get to razz us all the way to Houston!!!

Comment

• sTp
                              1st Team
                              • Apr 2015

I hope you get to razz us all the way to Houston!!!
                              Red, White, Blue.. and Green?!? lol

Comment

• BevoBo
                                Special Teams
                                • Apr 2015

Green started tonight by going 1 for 6 and 3 picks. Jonke comes in early and rallies the team against a very good Marcus team and has a nice game rushing and passing. Who does the coach start next week? QB controversy brewing?
                                Last edited by BevoBo; 09-25-2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                  All District
                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                                  Green started tonight by going 1 for 6 and 3 picks. Jonke comes in early and rallies the team against a very good Marcus team and has a nice game rushing and passing. Who does the coach start next week? QB controversy brewing?
                                  Guess it depends if you're an Allen fan or not. If you aren't, heck, start Green cause he's sure looking green against these big ole Texas boys!

Comment

• Farmer
                                    All District
                                    • Apr 2015

Jonke didn't rally Allen at all. Allen never trailed and had the lead when he came in. Jonke made a lot of plays with his feet when Marcus had great coverage in the secondary. Jonke is a very aware play and the TD pass he was created for to their RB as he was going down on a would be sack was a thing of beauty.

Comment

• Farmer
                                      All District
                                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BevoBo
                                      I'm just a casual observer and don't know near as much as the coaches at Allen but I would definitely go with Jonke from here on out. Green is a good athlete but not nearly as smart as Jonke with on the field decisions. The Pick 6 green threw last night was just a head scratcher decision he made. With Greens size and athleticism I would find a way to get him on the field as a slot or h back type and let him catch passes in traffic. He's tough to bring down and can make plays with his feet.

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                        Special Teams
                                        • Apr 2015

I'm just a casual observer and don't know near as much as the coaches at Allen but I would definitely go with Jonke from here on out. Green is a good athlete but not nearly as smart as Jonke with on the field decisions. The Pick 6 green threw last night was just a head scratcher decision he made. With Greens size and athleticism I would find a way to get him on the field as a slot or h back type and let him catch passes in traffic. He's tough to bring down and can make plays with his feet.
                                        This!

Comment

• sTp
                                          1st Team
                                          • Apr 2015

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Oregon recruiting offices..

Comment

• Farmer
                                            All District
                                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                            green is going to be fine. It would be bad PR for Oregon to pull a Scholarship this late in the recruiting process. Now will Green see the field at Oregon? Not as a QB

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                              Special Teams
                                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                              I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Allen recruiting offices..
                                              FIFY.

Comment

• SLCbacker
                                                Special Teams
                                                • Apr 2015

How bad was it? Comparable to scoring in the wrong basket of a BB game?

Comment

• CHill
                                                  1st Team
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker

It was that bad and to think this kid is a high level D1 prospect said's a lot. Go back and watch Sunday night (11pm) HS sports and they show two of his interceptions.

Comment

• Farmer
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by SLCbacker

it would actually be fair to compare the two.

Comment

• AllenEaglesFan
                                                      Special Teams
                                                      • May 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                                                      Heard Green may not go to Oregon as other offers now?
                                                      Go Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                        All District
                                                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan

Did Allen make him an offer to come back as a 5th year senior?
                                                        jk...

What other offers is he getting?

Comment

• some eagle fan
                                                          Special Teams
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by AllenEaglesFan

You've probably seen this. Doesn't mention any other offers but it's telling.

Comment

• Eagle82
                                                            All District
                                                            • Apr 2015

Heard when Chad Morris dropped in on the SMU helicopter, some may be considering playing down the road.

Comment

Working...