X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dada
    2nd Team
    • Apr 2015

Dada's Region 3 Predictions

17-6A is the most unpredictable district in Houston...you never know what will happen and usually the unexpected happens. Right now I see:

1. Langham Creek. In a district known for offense, this may be the best offense. A name no one knows, but should is QB Paul Watson. He and WR Quartney Davis will put up big number and RB Toneil Carter will give the district fits. The Downside....their Defense

2. Cy-Ranch. Last year everyone had to google them to see who they were before the State title game. Ranch has the game plan to stay successful especially in this district. They like to run the ball and chewing up clock is key in this district as Cy-Fair and Katy(in playoffs) have shown. QB Collin Rock is a stud. Passed for 1700 yards last season and added another 1000 on the ground. Also, they had some SOLID subvarsity teams.

3. Jersey Village. I may be crazy for one, but JV is loaded on offense(as with most teams in this district), I just see them winning a couple of shootouts that they aren't supposed to win. QB Deshun Quals is a great athlete at QB, but the few times I watched JV last season, they need to get others involved. He can't do it himself.

4. Cy-Fair. Never count the Bobcats out. They lost a lot to graduation but still have the coaching and ground and pound style to stay in the top 4.

18-6A. Another unpredictable district for me.

1. Memorial. Solid coaching and that ground and pound offense to keep them at the top of the district. Really wanted to go with IKE here, but my gut says Memorial.

2. Eisenhower. Big Ike used to be a terror in the Houston area. RB Robert Brown will put up big numbers rushing and the Eagles have a pretty salty D. Could be a big year for these guys.

3. Aldine Davis- The new kids on the block, shared the district title in their first year of Varsity play. LOADED with Talent led by QB Issac Jackson....will be fun to watch.

4. Aldine. Another former power that has been in hibernation. Got into the playoffs with a 3-7 record.....returns 9 Starters on offense and I think they may take some lumps early but get into the playoffs again, maybe with a sub-500 record.

19-6A. For years many said Katy played in an "Easy" district. There are some good teams in this district, sometimes Katy just makes it look easy.

1. Katy. Really nothing to be said here, this team maybe more talented than the 2007 team. The only "knock" is that this is life after 4 years of Rodney Anderson.

2. Cinco Ranch. A huge gap is between #1 and #2, but from 2- 4 is pretty even. I put Cinco Ranch up here on Coaching and the Fact that Seven Lakes has yet to get over that Cinco Hump. LB Illesami and QB Russel Morris will be names to look out for.

3. Seven Lakes. The Spartans are a very Salty Team, should've beaten Houston Lamar in the 1st round. Bryan Moore and James Brown will be great offensive players for SL.

4. Katy Taylor. The Mustangs got a new coach, changed their offense and made the playoffs. Could possibly surprise Cinco or Seven lakes,.

20-6A. Very Top Heavy district...Lamar has #1 on lock, but Bellaire is closing the gap.

1. Lamar. Redskins...errrr Texans have been quiet so far. Last year at this time they were being loaded with transfers. They will be young this year...and vunerable.

2. Bellaire. I believe they had a late coaching change but they have some play makers on offense.....especially WR Courtney Lark. This could be the year they bump Lamar off.

3. Houston Reagan. The Bulldogs will should beat everyone in the district not named Lamar or Bellaire. WR Kelenn Davis is the name to watch here.

4. Westside. Have one of the most recruited Dlinemen in the GHA in DT Jordan Elliott. Wolves will be motivated, no one wants to be in 4th place in this district....get 4th, you're rewarded a trip to Rhodes Stadium to face the 19-6A champs.

21-6A. I could be ALL wrong on this one........one of the more even balanced districts in GHA.

1. North Shore.....they will be young, but tested by the time district play comes. But they can also be very beat up, going into tough district play. The Defense should give QB Long and the offense time to come around.....Stangs are #1...but the gap is small from 1-4.

2. Deer Park. I think depth puts the Deer and #2 and a possible win over LP is why I put them here instead of LaPorte. 2 and 3 can flip flop

3. LaPorte. The bulldogs are always Salty....and I just don't see them missing the playoffs.

4. West Brook. Crazy huh? I like the Bruins over the popular picks Channelview and PAM. I love WR Keith Corbin. I like the Bruins in 4th.

22-6A. Can Pearland knock off Manvel?

1. Manvel- Most talented team in Houston hands down and outside of Katy, probably the most experienced with tons of 3 year Starters. QB King is probably the best in the state since Kyler Murray is gone. RB Pennamon is a BEAST. To many in the GHA area....only one game matters, the Regional Title game and many expect Manvel to be there.

2. Pearland. played the Mav's close last year...they have the pedigree ad return a pretty good team.

3.Dawson. Always fields a good team. RB Saevion Johnson and TE Antoine Cannady are names to watch.

4. Alvin. Dobie's down this year IMO and a win over the longhorns could give Alvin the #4 spot.

23-6A. This district hold two sleepers

1. Hightower. The Hurricanes are loaded again and this could be the year they surprise some folks. Expect a great year from QB Neiko Hollins and a stiff defense.

2. Elsik. THIS is the team to watch. Don't know why they are under the radar. RB EJ Davis returns after a 2,000 yard year and LB Dontavious Jackson is one of the best in the state..... This team will be scary good.

3. Travis Tigers. Late coaching change, but I think they have some players to get them in the 3rd spot. Will have a monster OLine....again, another gut feeling.

4. Alief Taylor. Lost a lot, but the Alief Area is know for producing good football players. I think the Lions will be playoff bound again.

24-6A. A new power on the rise?

1. Dickinson is "trending" right now. All the pieces in place to be a major player. 1. Coaching, 2. Athletes. 3 Single HS town. 4. Community support. Gators are loaded again this year.......and with rumors of La Marque closing....some new faces could be in Gator uni's.

2. Clear Creek. The best QB/WR combo no one has heard of? Chase Hildreth and Landon Etzel........remember those names. A loaded offense also returns RB Jayden Woodson...this team will be fun to keep up with as well.

3. Friendswood. Mustangs remind me of Houston Memorial....always find ways to get it done playing sound, fundamental football.....

4. Clear Springs. Chargers always have a great offense and will sneak up on someone in district to get 4th, maybe even 3rd. QB MCbride missed a few games last season.
  • Eagle2
    All District
    • Apr 2015

Thanks Dada always good to have your view on GHA and teams to watch during the season.

Comment

• sTp
      1st Team
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Eagle2
      Thanks Dada always good to have your view on GHA and teams to watch during the season.
      +1..

Comment

• dada
        2nd Team
        • Apr 2015

Based on my predictions, I will rank the 32 playoff teams from Region 3:

1. Katy
        2. Manvel
        3. Pearland
        4. Dickinson
        5. Hightower
        6. Lamar
        7. North Shore
        8. Langham Creek
        9. Elsik
        10. Cy-Ranch
        11. Cinco Ranch
        12 Seven Lakes
        13. Bellaire
        14. Deer Park
        15. Jersey VIllage
        16. Cy-Fair
        17. La Porte
        18. Memorial
        19. Eisenhower
        20. Clear Creek
        21. Dawson
        22. Friendswood
        23. Aldine Davis
        24. Katy Taylor
        25. Clear Springs
        26. FB Travis
        27. Alief Taylor
        28. West Brook
        29. Houston Reagan
        30. Westside
        31. Alvin
        32. Aldine.

Comment

• svhorns
          All State
          • Apr 2015

Dang Dada nice!

Comment

• svhorns
            All State
            • Apr 2015

Langham Creek's Toneil Carter is the best RB in the state regardless of classification, IMO

Comment

• dada
              2nd Team
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by svhorns
              Langham Creek's Toneil Carter is the best RB in the state regardless of classification, IMO
              Langham Creek will have no trouble moving that ball with Paul Watson, Toneil Carter and WR Davis......defense will cost them a regular season game that they should win....and they could meet Katy second round.

Comment

• dada
                2nd Team
                • Apr 2015

I'm gonna go a step further and put together D1/D2 playoff backets/predictions based on this. Will be cool to come back at the end of the year to see how far I was off.
                Give me a few minutes to put it together.

Comment

• Bobcats17
                  Practice Squad
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dada

1. Katy
                  2. Manvel
                  3. Pearland
                  4. Dickinson
                  5. Hightower
                  6. Lamar
                  7. North Shore
                  8. Langham Creek
                  9. Elsik
                  10. Cy-Ranch
                  11. Cinco Ranch
                  12 Seven Lakes
                  13. Bellaire
                  14. Deer Park
                  15. Jersey VIllage
                  16. Cy-Fair
                  17. La Porte
                  18. Memorial
                  19. Eisenhower
                  20. Clear Creek
                  21. Dawson
                  22. Friendswood
                  23. Aldine Davis
                  24. Katy Taylor
                  25. Clear Springs
                  26. FB Travis
                  27. Alief Taylor
                  28. West Brook
                  29. Houston Reagan
                  30. Westside
                  31. Alvin
                  32. Aldine.

DaDa - Great work. You have put together a nice rundown of all these districts. I see a lot of 17-6A and agree with most of what you have. That being said, I think district is Langham's to lose. They clearly have a very good advantage with Watson, Carter and Davis. Their defense is atrocious but like you said - it may just cost them a game. My "darkhorse" call is that Ranch will not return to the playoffs. They are the sexy pick because they made it all the way to State. IMHO they made it to State behind a very salty, very large O-Line (of which they graduated all). They will not have that advantage this year and it will cost them more than you know. I like Woods to surprise a little and contend for # 2. They return quite a bit on Offense and have a sorry defense. Fair should be a solid # 3 and look for Ranch and JV to duke it out for # 4. Obviously then, I do not agree with you having JV ahead of Fair in the 32 teams (see our most recent record with JV) but I wouldn't have Fair any higher than 15 at this point. Week 1 will tell a lot on the road against a Top 40 (according to DCTF) Woodlands team eager for a little payback for last season's shutout. Thanks for all this work.

Comment

• dada
                    2nd Team
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Bobcats17

DaDa - Great work. You have put together a nice rundown of all these districts. I see a lot of 17-6A and agree with most of what you have. That being said, I think district is Langham's to lose. They clearly have a very good advantage with Watson, Carter and Davis. Their defense is atrocious but like you said - it may just cost them a game. My "darkhorse" call is that Ranch will not return to the playoffs. They are the sexy pick because they made it all the way to State. IMHO they made it to State behind a very salty, very large O-Line (of which they graduated all). They will not have that advantage this year and it will cost them more than you know. I like Woods to surprise a little and contend for # 2. They return quite a bit on Offense and have a sorry defense. Fair should be a solid # 3 and look for Ranch and JV to duke it out for # 4. Obviously then, I do not agree with you having JV ahead of Fair in the 32 teams (see our most recent record with JV) but I wouldn't have Fair any higher than 15 at this point. Week 1 will tell a lot on the road against a Top 40 (according to DCTF) Woodlands team eager for a little payback for last season's shutout. Thanks for all this work.
                    Trust me, the difference between 1st and 4th in this district is very small...this district has a surprise for us every year. I like Ranch, I think they have the system in place and a lost of people outside of Houston didnt know they were a regional finalist in 2012. Also, living where I live, I had the advantage of getting to see Ranch's subvarsity teams....they have some big kids coming up. This district never goes as planned, someone will lose to someone they are not supposed to lose to. There is no easy game in this district...Cy-Springs could even play spoiler and cost someone a playoff spot....every game truly counts in 17-6A.

Comment

• dada
                      2nd Team
                      • Apr 2015

Here we go:

D1 1st RD:

Jersey Village/Aldine
                      Cinco Ranch/Bellaire
                      North Shore/Alvin
                      Elsik/Clear Springs

Eisenhower/CyFair
                      Lamar/Seven Lakes
                      Pearland/Deer Park
                      Dickinson/Alief Taylor

Rd 2

Jersey Village/Cinco Ranch
                      North Shore/Elsik
                      CyFair/Seven Lakes
                      Pearland/Dickinson

Rd 3

Cinco Ranch/Elsik
                      CyFair/Dickinson

Regional Final
                      Elsik vs Dickinson

Region 3 D1 Champs
                      Elsik

Comment

• dada
                        2nd Team
                        • Apr 2015

D2 1st Rd:

Langham Creek/Aldine Davis
                        Katy/Westside
                        Laporte/dawson
                        Hightower/Friendswood

Memorial/CyRanch
                        Reagan/Katy Taylor
                        Manvel/West Brook
                        Clear Creek/FB Travis

Rd 2

Langham Creek/Katy
                        LaPorte/Hightower
                        CyRanch/Katy Taylor
                        Manvel/Clear Creek

Rd 3

Katy/Hightower
                        CyRanch/Manvel

Regional Final
                        Katy/Manvel

Region 3 D2 Champs
                        Katy

Comment

• Eagle2
                          All District
                          • Apr 2015

Thanks again Dada. Will be watching. D2 Manvel & Katy, Langham Creek. D1 is interesting and looks like more of a task to forecast. Gives us something to look for. Thanks.

Comment

• Super B
                            All District
                            • Apr 2015

Great job!
                            Super B

Comment

• svhorns
                              All State
                              • Apr 2015

Here we go:

D1 1st RD:

Jersey Village/Aldine
                              Cinco Ranch/Bellaire
                              North Shore/Alvin
                              Elsik/Clear Springs

Eisenhower/CyFair
                              Lamar/Seven Lakes
                              Pearland/Deer Park
                              Dickinson/Alief Taylor

Rd 2

North Shore/Elsik
                              CyFair/Seven Lakes
                              Pearland/Dickinson

Rd 3

Cinco Ranch/Elsik
                              CyFair/Dickinson

Regional Final
                              Elsik vs Dickinson

Region 3 D1 Champs
                              Elsik

Man I had Elsik going deep last year in my bracket but they disappointed me. Their defense is going to be really nice.

Comment

• svhorns
                                All State
                                • Apr 2015

Dont think Hurts will lead Channelview to a playoff spot I see. Interesting.

Comment

• dada
                                  2nd Team
                                  • Apr 2015

Dont think Hurts will lead Channelview to a playoff spot I see. Interesting.
                                  Naaaa....you have to play defense in that district.......They won't/Shouldn't beat North Shore with a Hail mary this year.

Comment

• Bobcats17
                                    Practice Squad
                                    • Apr 2015

Here we go:

D1 1st RD:

Jersey Village/Aldine
                                    Cinco Ranch/Bellaire
                                    North Shore/Alvin
                                    Elsik/Clear Springs

Eisenhower/CyFair
                                    Lamar/Seven Lakes
                                    Pearland/Deer Park
                                    Dickinson/Alief Taylor

Rd 2

North Shore/Elsik
                                    CyFair/Seven Lakes
                                    Pearland/Dickinson

Rd 3

Cinco Ranch/Elsik
                                    CyFair/Dickinson

Regional Final
                                    Elsik vs Dickinson

Region 3 D1 Champs
                                    Elsik

Oh no....we suck again.....Just kidding. Another playoff loss to Dickinson would be painful as we were within 2 points of shocking them last November. I will say this, if this were to hold true, we would have consecutive years of going 4 deep, 3 deep and 3 deep. Thanks for the confidence, DaDa, I hope that we can truly deliver on this....

Comment

• svhorns
                                      All State
                                      • Apr 2015

Oh no....we suck again.....Just kidding. Another playoff loss to Dickinson would be painful as we were within 2 points of shocking them last November. I will say this, if this were to hold true, we would have consecutive years of going 4 deep, 3 deep and 3 deep. Thanks for the confidence, DaDa, I hope that we can truly deliver on this....
                                      That Cy Fair defense last year was no joke. Should we see more of the same this year? I know you guys lose the big man in the middle, his name escapes me right now but he was a big ol boy that clogged up the middle.

Comment

• svhorns
                                        All State
                                        • Apr 2015

By the way, your Junior TE Brock Wright committed to Notre Dame today.

Comment

• Bobcats17
                                          Practice Squad
                                          • Apr 2015

That Cy Fair defense last year was no joke. Should we see more of the same this year? I know you guys lose the big man in the middle, his name escapes me right now but he was a big ol boy that clogged up the middle.

Ross Donelly, 4 yr letterman and a whale of a DT. He will be playing at Ole Miss. Going to be hard to replace the 2 DTs we had last year. In my opinion, that is the biggest defensive question. Return several starters and some juniors that saw time at the Varsity level at CB and FS. Have a soon to be sophomore that should be a pretty special player playing in the secondary. The defense will be close. The offense, while having to replace a QB and RB, could be dangerous. They have a very good RB that played a LOT at the Varsity level last year and they have several big (6'2" and up) receivers that could make defenses play honest against us. I am cautiously optimistic. I trust this very experienced coaching staff to put the right pieces together and make a big run this season.

Comment

• Bobcats17
                                            Practice Squad
                                            • Apr 2015

By the way, your Junior TE Brock Wright committed to Notre Dame today.

He really projects as a very big talent but do you know what the best part about him is - he is a honest, humble, confident leader who is a great young man. He will be a true asset wherever he goes in life. We at Cy-Fair are certainly proud of him.

Comment

• cougmantx
                                              Practice Squad
                                              • Jun 2015

Here we go:

D1 1st RD:

Jersey Village/Aldine
                                              Cinco Ranch/Bellaire
                                              North Shore/Alvin
                                              Elsik/Clear Springs

Eisenhower/CyFair
                                              Lamar/Seven Lakes
                                              Pearland/Deer Park
                                              Dickinson/Alief Taylor

Rd 2

North Shore/Elsik
                                              CyFair/Seven Lakes
                                              Pearland/Dickinson

Rd 3

Cinco Ranch/Elsik
                                              CyFair/Dickinson

Regional Final
                                              Elsik vs Dickinson

Region 3 D1 Champs
                                              Elsik
                                              I think I would go North Shore/Cinco Ranch in Rd3 with North Shore/Dickinson in Regional and Dickinson as Region 3 champs. With North Shore you just never know and them having a new coach could be a good thing for them. There is a lot of talent on the North Shore team and if the new coach can just pull them together as a team they could play with anyone in the state.

Comment

• KT2000
                                                Practice Squad
                                                • Jun 2015

Katy and Manvel are loaded up for Round 3. It'll be interesting to see if any D2 teams can stop it. Appears highly unlikely. D1 wide open again.

Katy will need to get creative on offense for the first time in six years. I'm curious to see if Katy has the ability to become a truly balanced offense again. The talent is there to do it, but I have several questions about Katy's ability to carry it out. We shall see.

Manvel pushed Katy more than the score indicated last year. Much better game than 2013 version. Katy has played nearly flawless football against Manvel twice- something it faile to replicate vs Cedar Hill.

Comment

• ktCarl
                                                  Special Teams
                                                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by KT2000
                                                  Katy and Manvel are loaded up for Round 3. It'll be interesting to see if any D2 teams can stop it. Appears highly unlikely. D1 wide open again.

Katy will need to get creative on offense for the first time in six years. I'm curious to see if Katy has the ability to become a truly balanced offense again. The talent is there to do it, but I have several questions about Katy's ability to carry it out. We shall see.

Manvel pushed Katy more than the score indicated last year. Much better game than 2013 version. Katy has played nearly flawless football against Manvel twice- something it faile to replicate vs Cedar Hill.
                                                  I guess you got banned from the 6A site?

Comment

• Super B
                                                    All District
                                                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Rod

Doesn't matter who the RB is for Katy, with the kind of O-lines you guys have, Coach J could hit the gap for an easy 10 yards.
                                                    Let's not get carried away.

#ExtremeOversimplification
                                                    Super B

Comment

• dada
                                                      2nd Team
                                                      • Apr 2015

1. Katy
                                                      2. Manvel
                                                      3. Pearland
                                                      4. Dickinson
                                                      5. Hightower
                                                      6. Lamar
                                                      7. North Shore
                                                      8. Langham Creek
                                                      9. Elsik
                                                      10. Cy-Ranch
                                                      11. Cinco Ranch- Move into top 10
                                                      12 Seven Lakes -Lost to #26 FB TRAVIS 50-47
                                                      13. Bellaire- Lost to FB Elkins
                                                      14. Deer Park-Beat Dobie 52-20
                                                      15. Jersey VIllage- Bye week, faces Cinco Ranch next
                                                      16. Cy-Fair-Lost to The Woodlands 28-7
                                                      17. La Porte-Beat Clear Brook 49-27
                                                      18. Memorial-Lost to Stratford(5A) 34-7
                                                      19. Eisenhower-L to #5 Hightower 24-22
                                                      20. Clear Creek Beat Ridge Point 34-28
                                                      21. Dawson-L to George Ranch(5A) 42-25
                                                      22. Friendswood- Beat Texas City(5A) 21-20
                                                      23. Aldine Davis-Lost to Spring 17-7
                                                      24. Katy Taylor- Beat Clements 42-7
                                                      25. Clear Springs- Lost to #7 North Shore 49-13
                                                      26. FB Travis-Beat #12 Seven Lakes 50-47
                                                      27. Alief Taylor- Beat FB Bush 17-14
                                                      28. West Brook-Beat Ozen(5A) 27-24
                                                      29. Houston Reagan-Beat Humble(5A) 34-12
                                                      30. Westside-lost to Lamar Consolidated(5A) 16-15
                                                      31. Alvin-no info
                                                      32. Aldine-Lost to Strake Jesuit 70-23.

After Week 1: TOP 10

1. Katy LW: 1 Defeated Kingwood 46-0.....depends on who you ask...some say impressive, Katy fans say sloppy. Next: vs an Improved FB Travis team
                                                      2. Manvel LW: 2. Loss to a VERY good Westfield team(Region 2), still don't see anyone in Region 3 I would put ahead of them after the 1st week. Next: North Shore
                                                      3. Pearland LW:3....Stays put with a win over a College Park team that I think is better than expected. Next week Hou. Memorial
                                                      4. Dickinson LW:4...Beat Aldine MacAuthur 61-7...stayes at #4. Next: Vs Summer Creek
                                                      5. Hightower: LW 5......Beat #19 Eisenhower 24-22 in a defensive game. Both Offenses played below par. Next: Vs Ridge Point
                                                      6. Lamar: LW 6... Pulled away late to beat Brenham. Next; A tough game with FB Elkins
                                                      7. North Shore LW:7 beat Clear Springs 49-13....with a killer passing attack. Next 3 weeks will be CRAZY. Next: #2 Manvel
                                                      8.Elsik LW:9 Beat South Houston 58-13. Competition gets better even though it's 5A. Next: Stratford.
                                                      9. Cinco Ranch LW:11. Defeated State Finalist Cy-Ranch on the road. Next vs #15 Jersey Village.
                                                      10. Cy-Ranch LW: 10. Lost to #9 Cinco Ranch....no they go into district play vs Cy-Lakes

11-32 see bolded above.

Comment

• The King
                                                        Practice Squad
                                                        • Jul 2015

I think the Manvel North Shore game will be telling on Friday. Anyone know the twitter to follow to get the score updates since I will be at the Katy FB Travis game?

At the end of the first 4 weeks we will know exactly what North Shore is made of

Comment

• dada
                                                          2nd Team
                                                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by The King
                                                          I think the Manvel North Shore game will be telling on Friday. Anyone know the twitter to follow to get the score updates since I will be at the Katy FB Travis game?

At the end of the first 4 weeks we will know exactly what North Shore is made of
                                                          Just search Hashtag TXHSFB....or download the Friday Night Football app and select the teams you want to follow.

Comment

• ray1301
                                                            Special Teams
                                                            • Aug 2015

Just search Hashtag TXHSFB....or download the Friday Night Football app and select the teams you want to follow.
                                                            DaDa, I just added the rest of 19-6A to my teams to follow on the FF app. But I did not see Mayde Creek out there listed as a team that you can follow.

Comment

Working...
                                                            😀
                                                            😂
                                                            🥰
                                                            😘
                                                            🤢
                                                            😎
                                                            😞
                                                            😡
                                                            👍
                                                            👎