• Show
Clear All
  • SLC13
    '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
    • Apr 2015

SLC vs. ET @ Pennington Field, 10/16/2015 @7:30

Team Comparisons

Trinity Trojans (7-0)
    Wins over De LaSalle CA(26-21), Rockwall (41-16) Lancaster (26-14), North Shore (42-32), Heritage (59-33), Haltom (68-0), & LD Bell (56-17)

Playmakers:
    • QB: Tyler Natee 29-50-0 357yds, 1TD
    • RB: JaRon Wilson 118-1,063yds, 11TDs; DeJaun Garrett 60-597 9TDs, Natee 69-580yds 6TDs
    • WR: Corde Burns 10-158yds, Noah Wineteer 5-70 1TD
    SLC Dragons (5-1)
    Lost to Austin Westlake (20-14), wins over Tulsa Union (34-30), Midland Lee (52-14), Abilene (42-17) Coppell (38-37) 2OT & Richland (52-21)

Playmakers:
    • QB: Mason Holmes 101-159-2-1,433yds, 18TDs
    • RB: L’il Jordan Humphrey 102-626yds, 7TDs; Shemar Coleman 38-273yds, 5TDs
    • WR: Humphrey 35-551yds, 5TDs; Zach Farrar 27-560yds, 11TDs, Coleman 29-258yds, 1TD
    ET SLC
    Offense
    PPG 45.4 38.7
    Total YPG 463.9 487.3
    Rushing YPG 412.9 197.0
    Passing YPG 51.0 290.3
    Defense
    PPGA 19.0 23.2
    Total YPGA 311.9 370.5
    Rushing YPGA 116.6 224.8
    Passing YPGA 195.3 145.7
    ET > 10
    20.00%
    ET by 10 or less
    60.00%
    SLC > 10
    0%
    SLC by 10 or less
    20.00%
  • north shore mike
    Practice Squad
    • May 2015

Don't know much about SLC but I saw ET up close and personnel. SLC will have to win the battle of the trenches to even compete. ET welcomes the 7 man fronts. There OL is big, fast and athletic and gets to the 2nd tier with no problem. Wilson is one of the best at reading his block, swift enough to run away from tackles to run buck wild... NS was able to move the football so I don't think SLC will have any problems there. The only issue is stopping the ground and pound of ET to get the ball enough to out score them....

Comment

• SLC13
      '16 6A Pick 'Em Champ & '15 6A Pick 'Em Runner-Up
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by north shore mike
      Don't know much about SLC but I saw ET up close and personnel. SLC will have to win the battle of the trenches to even compete. ET welcomes the 7 man fronts. There OL is big, fast and athletic and gets to the 2nd tier with no problem. Wilson is one of the best at reading his block, swift enough to run away from tackles to run buck wild... NS was able to move the football so I don't think SLC will have any problems there. The only issue is stopping the ground and pound of ET to get the ball enough to out score them....
      SLC usually doesn't win the LOS against ET, but we usually are able to hold our own enough to force ET to drive the length of the field. They tend to get lots of yards between the 20's, but then have had some difficulty getting TD's and had to settle for FGs. Our defense this year is pretty young, but I would expect they will run a similar "bend don't break scheme" until ET gets to the red zone.

The Dragon offense will present some matchup problems for ET. Our top 3 RB's start with two playing slot receivers in our traditional spread. They can shift RB and slots interchangeably in a hurry up mode reducing the defense's ability to substitute freely. We will likely use the pass to spread out the ET defense and to open up some running lanes. If the game is close, and historically it is, SLC has an advantage in the kicking game.

Most of the state thinks ET will easily win this game, but since moving to the state's highest classification there have only been a handful of games that SLC has lost by more than 10 points. If it's a close game I think the advantage shifts to the Dragons, so I'm casting my "homer" vote for SLC by a FG.
      Last edited by SLC13; 10-12-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Eagle82
        All District
        • Apr 2015

Man, sure wish I could see this one.

Going with a toss up but in my pick'em I will be forced to choose so I have to go with...........

Comment

• mike03car
          Special Teams
          • Aug 2015

Big game, but not the DQ BIg Game Of The Week

Comment

• mike03car
            Special Teams
            • Aug 2015

In voting, I'll take ET by 3, but rather see SLC pull off the win.

Comment

• TrinityTrojan299
              Practice Squad
              • Aug 2015

Anyone who thinks Trinity will win this game "easily" is either nuts or does not know SLC football. This will be a battle from start to finish and either team can win. I suspect both teams will have their chances to win, just like the 4 previous games we have played. Whatever has happened previously in the season really doesn't matter. Trinity and SLC tend to bring out the best in each other.

Comment

• Comanche
                Practice Squad
                • Apr 2015

This is going to be a slobber Knocker! always is with SLC, T's up!

Comment

• Super B
                  All District
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by TrinityTrojan299
                  Anyone who thinks Trinity will win this game "easily" is either nuts or does not know SLC football. This will be a battle from start to finish and either team can win. I suspect both teams will have their chances to win, just like the 4 previous games we have played. Whatever has happened previously in the season really doesn't matter. Trinity and SLC tend to bring out the best in each other.
                  I think in the end Trinity pulls away, maybe by as much as 20, but that in no way means it'll be easy.
                  Super B

Comment

• sTp
                    1st Team
                    • Apr 2015

Post lots of updates please. Wish I could be at this one.

Comment

• Super B
                      All District
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by sTp
                      Post lots of updates please. Wish I could be at this one.
                      The radio frequency is 100.7 FM "The Word". It can be found on the iHeart Radio app.
                      Super B

Comment

• sTp
                        1st Team
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Super B
                        The radio frequency is 100.7 FM "The Word". It can be found on the iHeart Radio app.
                        Thanks SuperB, should be one heck of a game!

Comment

Working...